Shabbat Services This Week
Join us in the CBI Zoom room at 9:30am on Saturday morning for Shabbat morning services led by Rabbi Jarah.
Torah Portion and Commentaries
This week we’re reading from parashat Shmini. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: Why innovative prayer isn’t strange fire
- 2007: Holiness, wildlife, keeping awake
- 2008: Vessel [Torah poem] and Brokenness and purity
- 2009: Clear [Torah poem]
- 2015: From trauma to healing
- 2016: Attuning to the Presence
- 2018: A teaching from Torah on grief and on joy
- 2020: In the wilderness
And here’s commentary from the URJ:
Save the Dates
Our next Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 7:30pm on April 16 in the CBI Zoom Room.
Our next First Friday Zoom Shabbat Dinner will be at 7:30pm on May 7 in the CBI Zoom Room.
And save the date for our Tikkun Leyl Shavuot — on Sunday May 16 in the evening, we’ll celebrate the revelation of Torah with learning, song, poetry, yoga, and more! We’re partnering with other small communities for a joint celebration and it’s going to be grand. Plan to join us; more information is coming soon.
We hope to see you soon at CBI.