This Week’s Zoom Offerings at CBI (and Shabbat / Torah info for the week)
Shavua tov – a good new week to you!
This week our Zoom offerings include Rabbinic Drop-In Hour (1pm Mondays), Omer Discussion Group with Jen Burt (5pm Tuesdays – in Jen’s Zoom room), Friday Morning Meditation (9am Fridays), Psalm-Writing Weekly Workshop (1pm Fridays, for members of CBI and TBE together), and Shabbat Morning Services (9:30am Saturdays), all (except the Omer group) in the CBI Zoom room with the usual password.
Links and password went out in the CBI Announcements email (and are the same as previous weeks) but if you don’t have them, contact the office.
Join us for Shabbat services on Zoom at 9:30am on Saturday morning led by Rabbi Jarah Greenfield. This week we’re reading from parashat Behar-Bechukotai. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2005: Land, labor, liberty
- 2006: The importance of tending the earth
- 2007: Caretaker [Torah poem]
- 2008: Either/Or [Torah poem]
- 2009: Borrowed [Torah poem]
- 2012: A Shabbat for the earth
- 2014: Creating liberation; Shavuot; and the Jubilee
- 2014: On engraved-pathways and connective-commandments
- 2015: God, too, is lonely: a d’var Torah for Behar-Bechukotai
- 2016: The spiritual call to empty one’s cup
- 2019: The old, the new, and the holy
- 2019: Walking in God’s Paths, Everywhere We Go
Here’s commentary from Steve Silbert, Rabbi Rachel, and Rabbi Bella Bogart at Builders Blog, a project of Bayit: Building Jewish:
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Hope to see you at one of CBI’s Zoom offerings (again, for Zoom link and password, contact the office.)