Shavua tov: a good new week to all.
Happening This Week
Join us in the CBI Zoom room on Friday evening at 7:30pm for our first Monthly Zoom Shabbat Dinner! Read more about it and RSVP here at Facebook.
And, join us in the CBI Zoom Room also on Saturday morning at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services, led by R’ Rachel.
Torah Portion and Commentaries
This week we’re reading from parashat Vayishlach in the book of Genesis. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: Beyond binaries: Jacob and Israel
- 2007: The meaning of the kiss
- 2008: Encounter [Torah poem]
- 2010: Blessing myself
- 2012: On names and naming
- 2012: The Face of God
- 2013: Seeing the wrestle as a blessing
- 2013: On the silencing of Dinah, and rape culture today
- 2013: The nighttime wrestle
- 2014: Alone and not alone
- 2016: Evolving, like Pokémon (at The Wisdom Daily)
- 2017: The people who partner with God
And here’s commentary from the URJ:
As Chanukah Approaches…
We’re delighted to share this beautiful resource for this pandemic Chanukah — co-created for Bayit: Building Jewish by eight writers, artists, and rabbis, including CBI’s own Rabbi Rachel Barenblat. We hope these poems, prayers, and illustrations enliven this dark season! Read excerpts and download the PDF here: Great Miracles Happen Here.
Hope to see you soon on Zoom at CBI.