Dear Congregation Beth Israel members and friends,
Shavua tov — a good new week to you!
Join us Monday afternoon at 3:30 for our Tu BiShvat seder. (Hopefully you have already sent in your RSVP, as we’ll be setting up chairs and procuring tree fruits and nuts on Monday morning.)
And join us on Friday evening at 6pm for Kabbalat Shabbat services led by Rabbi Rachel. (And please remember that because we will have Kabbalat Shabbat services on Friday night, we won’t have Shabbat morning services on Saturday morning.) We’ll bring the week to a close with prayer and song; join us as we welcome the presence of Shabbat into our midst!
This week’s we’re reading parashat Yitro. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Earth and whole stones
- 2007: What is revealed
- 2009: The Deal [Torah poem]
- 2011: Coming Back Down [Torah poem]
- 2012: Caring for others, caring for ourselves
- 2013: A Special Transmission at Sinai
- 2014: Self-care and Tu BiShvat
- 2017: Yes we said yes we will yes
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Hope to see you soon at CBI!